Saturday, December 04, 2010

It's That Time of Year Again


The holidays are upon us, store windows are decorated, Christmas lights are blinking. Well this morning at 6:00a.m.,while I made coffee, I turned the TV on to find "A Christmas Carol" on the tube, the 1938 version. I love Dickens, especially A Christmas Carol. Every year I think I must watch at least 4 versions, some twice. Ever since I was a kid, I loved this story. When I was young we would go to my aunts house for Christmas eve and every year they would play A Christmas Carol on Christmas eve, I wouldn't leave until I saw the ghost of Christmas past, I thought of her as an angel. I was just mesmerized by her glow.

Some of my favorite movies at this time of year are:

A Christmas Carol, several versions
The Bishops Wife
Great Expectations

What are your favorite Christmas time movies?

No comments: