Sunday, February 06, 2005

Deal Them Cards!!

The regular poker game was held on Saturday, with the usual suspects. Sam is back to playing. Due to a falling out with the hostess, he had not been playing. John didn’t play as he has a regular game on Saturdays and he plays with us on Fridays. Marissa, played, she is he newest player. She doesn’t like John, she finds his personality a bit abrasive. It took me awhile to get use to John and his ways, but he has grown on me. Rafael played, he is a tough player to figure out. I know he bluffs a lot, but then he’ll surprise you with a great hand. Keeps you on your toes.

I walked away $6 up, every bit helps. I have been telling myself that I was going to start playing differently, play a bit tighter. I find that I don’t fold at times when I know that I should fold. Taking the chance that I will force someone out, or that someone is bluffing. Sometimes it works, but it is just the odds.

One thing I do need to do is to start playing with my glasses as opposed to my contacts. I just can’t see down to the far end of the table, it’s a bit of an eye strain.

We played Assassin a couple of times last night, I found the game in the “Little Black Book of Poker”. It’s a five card draw game. Deal 5 cards, bet, draw up to 3 cards, if someone discards a Jack they are the Assassin and they can take anyone out of the game. The number of Jacks that you discard is the number of people that you can take out.

I dealt this game first, everyone checked the bet except me, then we went for the draw, I was taken out by the player to my right. The game is risky, but fun.

Well, I’m off to a friends house to visit and play games, until then…..

Find joy in what you do and smile at strangers, it will make them wonder

No comments: