Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Disturbing Blogs

I have been reading other people’s bogs, and find some quite amusing. But, then there are those that really disturb me. It’s the ones from young people talking about cutting himself or herself, or being mentally abused by a parent and we are not talking about a child not getting their way, we are talking about real mental abuse. Then I came across a gentleman’s blog, he has a wife and a child. The blog is about how he hates life and wants to die and that he was also self-mutilating. His last post was in December and he stated that this was to be his last post. I really hope this gentleman got the help he needed.

When I was young, my mom had to hide the newspapers from me as I was way too sensitive and would cry and all the terrible news. I am not naïve to think that there are not horrible things going on all around me, but it still makes me feel helpless. I will continue to post my comments in hopes that someone will seek out the help and/or assistance that they need.

Find joy in what you do and smile at strangers, it will make them wonder

No comments: