Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Gung Hay Fat Choy from the Queen of the Universe

The Lunar New Year dates from 2600 B.C., when the Emperor Huang Ti introduced the first cycle of the zodiac. Because of cyclical lunar dating, the first day of the year can fall anywhere between late January and the middle of February. This year, it falls on Feb. 9, 2005 -- Lunar Year 4703, the year of the rooster.

The sign of the rooster indicates a person who is hard-working, confident and unwavering. This means roosters can really crow about their own accomplishments.

I know that you are curious to know what sign the Queen of the Universe is, well I was born in the year of the ox.

People born in the Year of the Ox are Keeper of tradition, the Ox maintains a classic and sophisticated style. Iron-willed, they remain true to their beliefs. A strong leader, their hard work and dedication are an inspiration to all. Ox people never stray from their chosen path.

……………..I work in the field tomorrow, no not that type of field silly. I will be in the city of Alameda providing technical assistance to one of my clients. I was in Alameda earlier this week and boy has it changed from when I was a kid. I hadn’t been to Alameda in at least 4 decades, it has grown. I remember Alameda as being a little sleepy town with houses that were built in the 1920’s and 1930’s. Now there’s housing developments, malls, and of course Starbucks.

I don’t care where you go these days, there’s a Starbucks. Now don’t get me wrong I am not a Starbucks hater, but they are such clones. I prefer a coffeehouse to have character, I like eclectic furnishings. Give me a place with overstuffed chairs and loveseats. Give me a place that has lots of AC outlets so if I need to I can plug my computer in, a place that plays good music and somewhere that you feel comfortable bringing in your own music to be played. That’s why I like the Javacat Coffeehouse.

Find joy in what you do and smile at strangers, it will make them wonder

No comments: