Wednesday, January 26, 2005

More Blah Blah Blah from the Queen of the Universe

Woke up last night to the sound of rain, it seemed like a pretty good downpour, but it didn’t last long. I drifted off to sleep and woke up around 7:30am showered and dressed and set off to the coffee shop. The usual suspects are not here today, usually there are around 3-4 people here with their laptops. The coffee shop also has 2 computers that you can rent by the quarter hour and right now one is in use.

The owner of the coffee shop is on duty, I didn’t realize that she was the owner until the early morning counter person told me. The morning person plays classical music and the owner plays an eclectic mix of music, usually something in French.

I have to perform my civic duty again today and I hope that we start deliberation today, so we can wrap it up by Thursday. I really don’t want to have to come back on Friday.

I found two books on poker yesterday at a bookstore on Polk Street. One is “The Little Black Book of Poker” and the other is “How to Play Poker” by Peter Arnold. They were both used copies and I purchased both for $9. What a deal!!

Just got off the phone with a friend who called to chat and to let me know that him and his partner were asked to host a 5oth birthday party for another friend. She wants the party to take place on February 4th or 5th. My friends house is a great place for a party, there is enough room for dancing, a buffet, places to sit and chat, etc. My friend asked me to think of some ice breaker games for the party, so I am off to search the web, so until then……………

Find joy in what you do and smile at strangers, it will make them wonder.




No comments: