Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Queen says GRRRRRRRRR

It’s Thursday evening and I had hoped that my jury duty would be over with, but to my dismay we are to report tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. Well that means that I will have to be up at 5:30 a.m.; I hate to rush and then I’ll want to stop for coffee. So hard, so hard.

Going for a Ride

I take cabs quite often since I can’t stand the buses at night, too bright and too crowded. The best cab company in San Francisco is DeSoto Cab, 970-1300. I flagged a cab from the courthouse today and the driver was going along just fine, well except that he was weaving in and out of traffic like a madman, until we got about 3 blocks from my destination, then he made a left turn, and I immediately asked him what he was doing. He told me that we could not get to my destination the way I had pointed out to him. Since he had already gotten us off track, I told him where to turn to correct his error, he kept mumbling about how we could not get to my destination going this way. Well golly gee, guess what, we arrived,. Since I’ve taken cabs to this destination several time, I knew the fare and that is what he got.

On Gravestones

On Saturday I’m going to approve the gravestone for my mom. The stone will serve as my stone too, as I will be buried with my mom, it’s a double grave. When I went to pick out the stone, I was asked if I wanted to add my name, birthday and a phrase to the stone. I thought about it, and decided that since there was no additional cost doing it now, then I would. I had the phrase Beloved Daughter added, but now I been thinking that maybe I should put “Beloved Daughter, Queen of the Universe”. I like to think that someone walking by the grave would get a chuckle out of it and it would put a smile on their face. I know that my mom would get a kick out of it. I don’t find it disrespectful, since I believe that once a person dies that they are no longer with us, the soul has left the body.

Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

Oh my God!!! If you ever thought that you had a dysfunctional family read this book.

Find joy in what you do and smile at strangers, it will make them wonder.

No comments: